Chaminade Preparatory School educates young men, grades 6-12, in the Catholic Marianist tradition. Chaminade's intention is to ensure that every young man that passes through our doors is able to achieve the balance between school life and play. Our school motto is ESTO VIR, "Be a Man" and it is a true journey from boyhood to manhood that includes spiritual, educational and social development.
- Students are required to complete community service hours every year. Our students contribute over 25,000 hours during the school year.
- Students attend retreats annually and Mass regularly. Each day begins and ends each day with The Marianist Doxology prayer.
- Students take required theology classes every year with courses meeting both St. Louis Archdiocesan guidelines and United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) guidelines.
- Providing and integral, quality education with a focus on developing executive-functioning skills.
- Over 80% of our graduates leave Chaminade with over 40 hours of college credit.
- We offer 110 college credit classes and 27 AP classes.
- Click HERE to see a summary of the high school course curriculum guide.
- Click HERE to see a summary of the middle school course curriculum guide.
- Each year, students experience curriculum in action through specialized, grade specific class trips.
- Exchange programs with schools in England, Portugal, and Australia help students experience foreign cultures.
- Academic expeditions to global locations such as France, Spain, Italy, and Taiwan are available.
- Academic tours to Washington, D.C., the Grand Tetons, Chicago, Nashville, Memphis and Little Rock.
- Chaminade was the first school in the region to implement a House System.
- It provides a group of significant adults, Mentors, Deans and House Counselors, who help in the formation of each student. It is a true Mentoring Program for all students.
- The House System enhances school spirit and unity, and helps to establish bonds among students of all ages.
- Through the House System, every student takes on a leadership role, leading mentor groups in their Senior year.
- Chaminade's Resident Student Program provides opportunities for students to experience cultures from around the world, exposing them to diversified experiences and ideas.
- Our resident program hosts as many as 70 domestic and international students and is the only Catholic school resident program in the area.
- Day students reside in more than 65 different zip codes throughout the area.
- 18% of our students are minority students, with 9% being international.
- Chaminade offers over 70 different teams in 19 different sports.
- 90% of students participate in at least one sport.
- Chaminade is one of the few schools whose student athletes have gone on to play at both the collegiate and professional level including alumni who have played in the NBA Championship, NHL championship, the Olympics, and the World Cup.
- Our athletic program has become one of the most renowned in the region, with a rich history of success including numerous district, conference, regional and state titles in football, soccer, cross country, basketball, hockey, wrestling, track & field, golf, lacrosse, baseball, bowling, volleyball and tennis.
- Athletic facilities include an all-weather track, football stadium, all-turf baseball stadium, two gymnasiums, Olympic-sized indoor pool, eight tennis courts, soccer complex, and multiple practice fields.
- Our bands have attained superior (“I”) ratings consistently for over 20 years at state and regional competitions.
- We offer more than 13 different ensembles including concert bands, jazz bands, percussion ensembles, pep bands, and men's chorus.
- Over 150 students participate in our music program with beginning level courses available to all students.
- Three full-time instructors teach music curriculum and provide the opportunity for private instruction.
- Professional choreographers and music directors from the community assist and instruct students on productions.
- Chaminade performs four productions a year; high school play, middle school play, all school musical, and all school play.
- Chaminade offers a variety of classes exposing students to experience both on stage and behind the scenes.
Facilities & Services
- Our extensive 55-acre campus is located just one mile north of Highway 40 (I-64) on Lindbergh Blvd in Creve Coeur.
- Our award-winning food service provides three meals daily for all students in our student dining room, Café Moe.
- Ancillary services include the Immaculate Conception Chapel, a Snack Bar, Nurse’s office (full-time registered nurse on campus), Spirit Store, Campus Ministry Center, and multiple student organization offices.
- In partnership with Mercy Health, an on-site virtual medical care service is available for our resident students.
- Nearly 8,800 students have graduated from Chaminade.
- More than 4,800 alumni call St. Louis home. In addition, Chaminade alums reside in all 50 states (including District of Columbia and Puerto Rico) and in over 40 countries.
- Our graduates enter numerous fields ranging from medicine and law to education and business.
- Our graduates support our Chaminade Fund each year. These gifts help to improve the campus, and provide Financial Aid funding.
- Chaminade Alumni Board provides continuous opportunities for alumni professional networking and mentoring.