Chaminade College Preparatory School, an independent, Catholic school is dedicated to developing the inherent spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical potential of young men in middle and high school. We hire dedicated teachers who are passionate about student learning and working in a collaborative environment.
All positions are expected to meet the general requirements listed below. Position specific requirements, if any, will be listed with those positions.
All employees are required to take the Protecting God's Children workshop as presented by the St. Louis Archdiocese.
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to Karen Carroll, [email protected]. No phone calls please.
Middle School Theology Teacher
This is a full-time faculty position in the Theology Department who reports to the department chair and the principal.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have a Master’s in Theology or a related field;
- Plan, develop, and execute lessons that reflect the curriculum
- Adapt curriculum for individual, small group, and remedial instruction to meet the needs of all students
- Evaluate the academic and social growth of students
- Evaluate student progress and their ability to meet course standards in knowledge and skills
- Plan and develop lesson plans and teaching outlines
- Employ a variety of methodologies in teaching and instructing pupils, including demonstrations, discussions, and lectures
Production Assistant, Skip Viragh Center for the Arts
The Production Associate (PA) shares in providing leadership to Chaminade students, faculty, staff, freelance labor, and rental clients in the safe and efficient operation of all backstage and front-of-house operations at the Skip Viragh Center for the Arts (Skip). The PA may be responsible for administration and coordination of events in either of two theatres, their shared lobby, and the Rotunda. As Manager-on-Duty, the PA will serve as the liaison between the client and the Chaminade staff and crew, provide policy enforcement, labor coordination, and venue access. The PA may be a working member of the crew or department head and will be involved in technical aspects of the installation, operation, and close-out of theatre events or productions.
The Production Associate reports to the Theatre Operations Manager and will be compensated at a rate of $24.75 per hour. The PA will work evenings and weekends primarily on events and drama productions. On dark weeks, the PA will be offered at least 20 hours to work on other projects such as scenic construction, lighting or shell calls, and maintenance projects.
- Ensures the missions of Chaminade and the Skip are realized.
- Acts as Manager-on-Duty, Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Head Video, Head Fly, House Manager, or other production positions as needed per event.
- Serves as a liaison between Skip staff and in-house or rental users.
- Aids in scenic builds, lighting calls, costume construction, etc.
- Participates in and/or leads professional and student crews during load-ins, strikes, etc.
- Works with students to teach them production skills including during afterschool club.
- Aids the Operations Manager, Production Manager, and Technical Director in the operation, maintenance, and repair of entertainment technical systems.
Skills and Traits:
- Technical competence in audio, lighting, video, rigging and scenic construction.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and AutoCAD or Vectorworks.
- Budget management and record-keeping skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with and manage students.
- Ability to manage diverse types of crews.
- Ability to communicate professionally with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to represent the missions of Chaminade and work with the public.
Education and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- Experience working in Theatrical Production.
Resident Hall Assistant (Prefect)
This is a staff position in the Resident Department who reports to the Resident Director and the Principal.
The role of Prefect requires that you supervise approximately 60 young men a couple of days each week and comes with room, board, and a stipend.
These are per-diem faculty positions that report to the high school principal.
Substitute teachers will:
- Assume duties of the regular classroom teacher promptly and in accordance with school rules;
- May supervise students in out-of-class settings (e.g., assemblies, lunchroom) as directed and supervised by the principal;
- Implement existing lesson plans in a manner that ensures the integrity of academic time, and motivates students to learn and participate;
- Instruct students regarding a variety of classroom topics/courses of instruction, as determined by the lesson plan;
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students. Address the various learning styles of students accordingly;
- Assign reasonable tasks and homework to students in accordance with the lesson plans;
- Maintain classroom control that fosters a safe, positive environment for all students and staff;
- Ensure adequate supervision of students and classroom environment to assure health, welfare, and safety of students.
- Applicants for Middle School positions have experience teaching in the middle school environment.
- Applicant possesses both a BA and MA in content or related area.
- Applicant possesses Missouri State Certification.
- Applicant recognizes the importance of student faith development as a priority in a Catholic, Marianist school.
- Applicant is an innovative and qualified teaching professional.
- Applicant is a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge and a sound understanding of grade level curriculum.
- Applicant exhibits involvement in teaching students and assisting in the encouragement of extra-curricular activities.
- Applicant motivates with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and excel in the subject area.
- Applicant demonstrates methods that support the physical, social, cognitive, and emotional development of students.
- Applicant creates appropriate instruction adaptation for learners of different abilities.
- Applicant understands individual group behaviors and motivations as to create a safe learning environment.
- Applicant creates learning environments that encourage positive social interaction and self-motivation.
- Applicant designs and delivers appropriate and regular student assessments.
- Ideal applicant is a practicing Catholic.