Chaminade College Preparatory School, an independent, Catholic school is dedicated to developing the inherent spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical potential of young men in middle and high school. We hire dedicated teachers who are passionate about student learning and working in a collaborative environment.
All positions are expected to meet the general requirements listed below. Position specific requirements, if any, will be listed with those positions.
All employees are required to take the Protecting God's Children workshop as presented by the St. Louis Archdiocese.
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to Karen Carroll, [email protected]. No phone calls please.
This is a full-time faculty position in the Counseling Department that reports to the department chair and middle school principal.
Ideal candidates will:
- Work primarily with middle school students;
- Have a Masters’ in Special Education or related field;
- Have the ability to interpret educational assessments;
- Work independently with a wide range of student ages and abilities.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with students, teachers, and other faculty to the promote academic success of students with learning differences;
- Collaborate with the enrollment management team during the admissions process;
- Interpret psychoeducational evaluations, using them to develop Chaminade Educational Accommodation Plans;
- Partner with families, Special School District, and other clinicians in supporting student learning;
- Help teachers and other staff identify best teaching practices to support students with learning differences;
- Develop and implement academic interventions;
- Help students improve learning habits and develop more effective study strategies and executive functioning skills;
- Actively participate in student and faculty activities (retreats, lunch duty, faculty meetings, and in-service activities).
This position is expected to maintain, audit, and update all the current databases on a regular basis. This data will provide the foundation of many other reports and small tasks that this position will assist in obtaining information. The ability to keep data integrity and keeping security at the forefront. Helping with daily tasks as needed and clear communications is a must. This position must completely understand Skyward and ensure that data in this system is as accurate as possible to ensure all our systems run efficiently and smoothly.
This is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Technology and the Principal.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and maintain accurate contact information and data for current students, parents, and constituents.
- Understand the Skyward software program and implement it to its fullest potential.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating Student information systems server and database.
- Responsible for proper security of the student information system and other systems that directly impact or work with the student information system.
- Gather data from Skyward when requested, for reporting and analysis.
- Extract student and course data from Skyward and import the data into Chaminade’s Learning Management System – Canvas by Instructure.
- Extract student/parent data from Skyward and import the data into the various programs.
- Perform tasks related to the operation, servicing, and account administration of the Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange e-mail systems.
- Assist in day-to-day Server Administration throughout the organization and update webpages as requested.
- Responsible for the analysis, auditing, design, maintenance, and support of multiple databases used in the organization.
- Work with management to develop database strategies to support organizational needs.
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL and SQL Server systems.
- Experience with Access would be a plus.
- Well-versed in advanced mail merge techniques.
- Knowledge of PowerShell is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Office 365 Administration, Microsoft Server 2016/2019, and Veeam is beneficial.
- HTML knowledge is a plus.
- Understanding Data security and assigning access.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
These are full- and part-time staff positions in the Facility Department who report to the Facilty Manager.
In this position you will:
- Perform custodial work in academic, athletic, and resident areas
- Respond to immediate custodial requests
- Perform room set-up for special events and activities
- Perform minor maintenance such as lamp and filter replacement, painting
- Assist with other maintenance tasks as needed
Send resume to: [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
These are per-diem faculty positions that report to the high school principal.
Substitute teachers will:
- Assume duties of the regular classroom teacher promptly and in accordance with school rules;
- May supervise students in out-of-class settings (e.g., assemblies, lunchroom) as directed and supervised by the principal;
- Implement existing lesson plans in a manner that ensures the integrity of academic time, and motivates students to learn and participate;
- Instruct students regarding a variety of classroom topics/courses of instruction, as determined by the lesson plan;
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students. Address the various learning styles of students accordingly;
- Assign reasonable tasks and homework to students in accordance with the lesson plans;
- Maintain classroom control that fosters a safe, positive environment for all students and staff;
- Ensure adequate supervision of students and classroom environment to assure health, welfare, and safety of students.
Resident Hall Assistant (Prefect)
This is a staff position in the Resident Department who reports to the Resident Director and the Principal.
The role of Prefect requires that you supervise approximately 60 young men one or two days each week in addition to an alternating weekend schedule. Compensation includes room, board, and a stipend.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Being an adult mentor to the resident students
- Being available to assist students with their academic work
- Moderating recreation periods
- Driving the students to off campus activities and appointments
- Appropriately addressing disciplinary issues and safety concerns
- Applicants for Middle School positions have experience teaching in the middle school environment.
- Applicant possesses both a BA and MA in content or related area.
- Applicant possesses Missouri State Certification.
- Applicant recognizes the importance of student faith development as a priority in a Catholic, Marianist school.
- Applicant is an innovative and qualified teaching professional.
- Applicant is a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge and a sound understanding of grade level curriculum.
- Applicant exhibits involvement in teaching students and assisting in the encouragement of extra-curricular activities.
- Applicant motivates with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and excel in the subject area.
- Applicant demonstrates methods that support the physical, social, cognitive, and emotional development of students.
- Applicant creates appropriate instruction adaptation for learners of different abilities.
- Applicant understands individual group behaviors and motivations as to create a safe learning environment.
- Applicant creates learning environments that encourage positive social interaction and self-motivation.
- Applicant designs and delivers appropriate and regular student assessments.
- Ideal applicant is a practicing Catholic.